I went in for my baseline bloodwork and ultrasound today (CD2) and all is good so I can start Gonal-F tomorrow evening. My only concern is this - my clinic doesn't do monitoring on Friday/Saturday (I know most North Americans will find it horrifying that we have no monitoring access at all during those two days, but here in Israel it is the norm due to Shabbat...I must admit it would be great if we at least had monitoring on Friday mornings). As a result, I was told not to return for monitoring again until next Sunday (CD 9).
My concern is this: on 2 out of 3 of my injectable IUI cycles, I stimmed for just 7 nights before triggering. Given that information, waiting until next Sunday (7th day of stims) before doing any monitoring and therefore deciding when to add in the antagonist (Cetrotide) seems like a horrible idea to me. I do get that on Thursday (CD 6), I will have only done 3 nights of stims so probably not a whole lot will be going on, but the alternative of waiting until Sunday before doing any monitoring at all given my previous quick response makes me very nervous.
So: 1) Am I just being my neurotic paranoid self or am I right about this?
2) If you agree that I should go in for monitoring on Thursday, should I just show up and do bloodwork and ultrasound (the way it is set up, no one is going to stop me from doing this and I have the bloodwork/ultrasound stickers to use at will...on the other hand it is basically not following the clinic's instructions) or should I call the clinic tomorrow and actually try to reason with them why I think I should come in on Thursday? (The drawback is they may just tell me to stop worrying...everything will be ok...oftentimes easier to explain your crimes than ask permission). I would especially like some guidance from my Israeli readers concerning question #2:)